1. I have a Bachelor of Education degree, but I never taught. When I graduated, I took a job in a library, which is where I really wanted to be. Today I work in the library of a college on the cusp of becoming a university.
2. I get a massage once a month, whether I need it or not.
3. I had a truly happy childhood, and a non-dysfunctional family.
4. When I was 14, I went into Junior High school, where they offered "real" art classes. I signed up and after the first class, the teacher told me I had no talent and could no longer be in that class. It took me nearly 30 years to pick up a paint brush again.
5. I love to cook and to watch cooking shows on TV (watching someone cook on TV is weirdly addicting).
6. I am passionate about reading, and about talking about books.
7. I try to learn something new every day, and to compliment someone every day.