Monday, August 31, 2009

EDM 23 - Draw your foot

Aah, summertime... and the livin' is easy.

At the beginning of summer, I bought myself some flipflops. Now I don't believe in paying a lot for these bits of plastic foam that by the end of the summer will be worn flat and misshapen. Most of the time you can't wear them the next summer because they and your feet are no longer compatible and they feel hard and ugly. So I buy a couple of cheap pairs - this year turquoise and pink - and they match most of my outfits. At Michael's they sell strips of adhesive that have sparkly beads or sequins on them in just the right shape and length to glue onto plain old flipflops. And now my $3.99 shoes look like a million bucks!
Because what's summer without a little bling on your shoes? Life's too short to wear ugly shoes.
I wore these to Expo Latino on Sunday. I sat in the shade and watched the salsa dancers, and the mariachi bands, ate tamales, and freshly made corn tacos, drank an icy cold Corona, and yes, I admit, I danced in my chair. Later that evening, I wrote in my journal that this was a perfect day. And it was, but it occurred to me that I had written that ver same phrase about a lot of days this summer. Maybe I'm easy to please, or not very discerning, but I'm pretty pleased about that. Yep, life is good.

8 comments:

Dan Kent said...

I like these feet..you have a very delicate style that I like. I am relaxed just staring at those painted toes.

nanke's stuff said...

Cute feet, cute flip flops, and yes, life is very good! nancy

Unknown said...

What a great and happy post! Fantastic sketch and fantastic view of life!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Raena has taken the words right out of my mouth - great post, happy and summery, and a lovely sketch!
Janice.

Anonymous said...

Flip flops are so universal and so personal at the same time, nice to decorate your own! Very relaxing and uplifting post and drawing.

Kelly said...

Now this sounds like my kind of day! Thanks for your comment on my blog Lynn.

Margaret Applin said...

Lynn, I admire your illustration skills. I don't spend enough time drawing even though I would love to develop this skill. The flip-flops story is great!!! Sounds like your summer has been pretty good!
Margaret

Leah said...

what a lovely drawing! i love the lines and soft colors.