Monday, May 18, 2009

EDM 214 - Draw your other favorite hobby


This is why I haven't posted in the last week. We have finally been able to do a little gardening. Last weekend, the local mushroom farm was cleaning their barns and giving away free compost. Ten bags went on our gardens and containers. I planted lettuce and radish seeds. It felt good, after the long cold winter, to have dirt under my nails and the rich smell of soil in my nose. Today however, we're just a few degrees above freezing again (sigh...) so the tomatos are currently residing in the living room. The good news is that it's raining. Time to get excited about gardening again!

5 comments:

Aveen said...

The tomatoes in the living room made me laugh! Great drawing, I love those shadows.

Alex said...

Nice colors and really like those gardening tools! :)

Ann said...

Wonderful drawing! I can sympathize with the tomatoes in your living room. My basil plants have been spending the last couple of days on the kitchen table and we haven't even purchased tomato plants yet. It was 32 here this morning!

kazumiwannabe said...

Oh, very lovely page! I love the drawing tools below, too :) !

EWian said...

Wonderful illo! I spent yesterday planting. No tomato and radish but I am familiar with the slip in the living room. This year it is sunflower, pumpkins and sugar peas.