Sunday, November 22, 2009

EDM 249 - Draw a coffeepot


My new coffee pot, I mean coffee maker, is actually potless. The coffee is made inside the top part. When it's done, the machine beeps discreetly. Then you place your favorite coffee mug on the little ledge, and push the grey bar. The coffee fills the cup. It's pretty good because the coffee never sits directly on a heat source, so it never gets that nasty burnt taste and odd greyish color that is so very unappetizing. The only downside is that the tall travel mugs don't fit in it. Best of all, it can be programmed to turn itself off (or on) after however many hours you choose to set it.
Technical details: watercolor pencils in the Moleskine sketchbook.

8 comments:

Alex said...

Don't we all just love technology? ^^ I wonder who came out with the idea in the first place, and I am sure this one has turned ugly morning quarrels into kick-starts of another happy and energetic day for a lot of people.
Beautifully drawn and I actually really like the mug (I am more of a tea person ^^)

Shelly McC said...

Wonderful drawing!

Ramona Davidson said...

Good job on the coffee post. The colorful cup in contrast to the dark coffee pot is a good touch.

Susan Hosken said...

Lucky you with the fancy coffee maker. Great drawing.
lots of love from susan in australia

Patty Ruthe said...

Very cool.

Aurileide Alves said...

I loved your draw! Coffee is always the favourite theme to me. The cups, the machine, the bottle, the seeds and its color. Everything about it is great to me. Nice work!

by the way, I loved the fruit basket bellow! Lovelly!

Anonymous said...

What a cool coffee maker! (both in terms of the mechanics and the artwork!) Very nice work!

EWian said...

Fun drawing, so I guess you prefer coffe over tea... Thanx for sharing thoughts and picture.

EWian