Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 years ago



My blog is 3 years old.

It seems like yesterday that I held my breath and clicked the Publish Post button for the very first time.

3 years and 211 posts (and drawings!)

Thank you to everyone for all your support and encouragement. I wouldn't still be here without you. Help yourself to a cupcake.

These three cupcakes seemed an appropriate sketch to post for this occasion. The photo was for a monthly painting challenge over at http://differentstrokesfromdifferentfolks.blogspot.com/. I missed the deadline for that challenge, and I wasn't sure that I liked what I had done. The truth is that I don't like the extreme angle that the photograph was taken at. It made a great photo, but the sketch looks a bit awkward. Although those sprinkles were a lot of fun.

And it seemed serendipitous for the blog's 3rd birthday.

Watercolor in the Moleskine wc sketchbook.

15 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

Happy Blog Birthday! Love the cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

These cupcakes make me smile---great job! Winna

nanke's stuff said...

Congratulations on a job well done! Good lookin' cupcakes,and 3 years of blogging and learning! nancy

Alissa said...

Happy 3rd birthday to your blog - These are lovely cupcakes and the angle you have them at has given you a great shadow to draw. Congratulations, they look so much fun

Ann said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!! I love the cupcakes, what fun!

Alex said...

3 years is a great achievement Lynn! Happy Birthday to your blog, and cupcakes are definitely a great way to celebrate it, and these look really good, really sweet and yummy ^^ Love the colors and shading.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to your Blog! Those cupcakes look yummy! Hugs

Leigh said...

Congratulations! What lovely drawings. I love the chickens and the chicken story. Here's to another three or more years! cheers!

Melissa S. said...

...Helping self to cupcake....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! We are glad you stuck with it.

Krista Meister said...

Happy blog birthday, and those cupcakes look really yummy!

Ramona Davidson said...

Yes, happy birthday. I hope I get to celebrate a 3rd. Lovely drawing. I love the shadows. Its looks like a photo. I had to look twice.

Anonymous said...

It's a charming page - whirls and swirls and colors. Such a cheerful symbolism, and a charming way to celebrate your 3 year anniversary. Congratulations.

Sloane's Creations said...

It's a fine cupcake sketch! The angle really accentuates the sprinkles! :o)

Leah said...

Happy, happy blogiversary!! The cupcakes are adorable!

Patty Ruthe said...

Yummy! Happy Blog Birthday! Here's to many more!