Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sounds I like

This is a departure for me. For a long time I have wanted to do more creative journalling. When I journal I usually just write, but I've started adding drawings to it as well. But I really want to do the kind of illustrated journalling that uses a theme or a concept as the starting point. I joined an art journalling group, and the Creative Ever Day group for inspiration (and also for tips on how to do it). This is my first entry - Sound. I used collage, stickers, and drawing. I'm not sure that I like it and I really struggled with the words - I'm not used to "public" writing, but I think that will come with practice. And I played around with the composition till I nearly drove myself insane, and the cartoon cat is not very successful. But it represents the theme, and I put a lot of work into. It can only get better from here!

6 comments:

Mixed Media Martyr said...

This is brilliant! I love that little I-pod!! When I started (and even now!) I imitated to try out new journaling styles, or followed online tutorials on people's blogs to get the instructions one step at a time. Once you have tried a few techniques, you just start taking off on your own with what you like and mix it all up.

Leanne.

kenya said...

Lynn, your page is great. I am very impressed. Like you, I want to add more creativity to my journaling. I usually just write. You have inspired me. Thanks for sharing.

Kenya

marianne said...

it's great! i'm not brave enough to try journaling, though it does interest me. thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving a comment- i'm glad it brought me to your blog!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Welcome to Creative Every Day, Lynn. Your page is great. I'd like to do some creative art journaling too and I think the most important thing is that you do it and it says what you want it to say. It isn't something to compare because it's about you. These wise words come to you from someone who would so introduce her first art journaling blog entry with exactly the same caveat that you used! But the important thing is that we are taking the plunge and expressing who we are!
Janice.

Leah said...

I'm so impressed, Lynn!! The page is great! Keep playing. I look forward to seeing where the journey will lead you!

Timaree said...

Great page. There's nothing, nothing wrong with your kitty. She's great. Your whole page is great. Keep up the good work. Now go hum a happy tune.