Thursday, February 15, 2007

Illustration Friday - Crash


I am the proud, yet exhausted handmaiden of a 7 month kitten now known as Holly-the-Crash. I was going to illustrate Holly's first crash and was setting up to get started. Holly reached up to the table with a deft paw and the metal box of watercolor crayons went crashing to the floor. As I bent to retrieve them, she seized the opportunity to jump onto the table and drink from the jar of water I was using. When I chased her off the table, she snagged a couple of paint brushes on her way down. With all four feet firmly on the ground, she chased the scattered pencils and brushes all about the room. She's a delightful cat, and I love her exuberance and inquisitiveness, but sometimes... And then I remember the Cat Creed "The whole world is a cat toy".

This isn't really very good, and I'm not really happy about it. Her ears are all wrong, I think. I'll keep practising.

4 comments:

laserone_ said...

Oh, this is a riot! :) I love it. We have a Turkish Angora cat who knocked EVERYTHING over when she was younger. I found out that deaf cats (she's deaf) like to knock things over because they like to watch them fall onto the floor. I believe it. I've had many cats and nobody loves to knock stuff over like her. lol. :)

Jules said...

Oh boy, do I empathise. We recently adopted a moggy - our youngest of four - she's also about 7 months old and makes supercat leaps to the tops of bookcases where she gets stuck and then yowls for me to get her down - first having knocked everything down that was up there with her. Happens about 5 - 6 times a day. I'm in constant fear of something landing on my head! :o)

Anastasia said...

so cute!!! Ive never had cats so wouldnt know! ha!

Felicity Grace said...

This is so funny! I disagree, the expression on her face is just perfect!!