Sunday, September 16, 2012

Jewels of Summer

The Dragon-fly

By Alfred Lord Tennyson

Today I saw the dragon-fly
Come from the wells where he did lie.
An inner impulse rent the veil
Of his old husk: from head to tail
Came out clear plates of sapphire mail.
He dried his wings: like gauze they grew;
Thro' crofts and pastures wet with dew
A living flash of light he flew.
The dragonflies are enormous and plentiful this year.  I had to try to capture them. I had some iridescent ink that I used on their wings but it didn't photograph very well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what beautiful dragonflies. They are my power animal at the moment. Have a wonderful weekend, and what a lovely blog. x

echogo said...

Love these colours! I can see the effect on the wings and it is great. This is my favorite so far Now on to autumn colours as it officially fall now.