Sunday, January 28, 2007

EDM Challenge 103 - Exercise Equipment


It was hard to choose my favorite exercise equipment as I enjoy doing a lot of things, including both walking and deep water workout. Lately we have been going skating at the park on Sunday afternoons. As I was bumping around the ice this afternoon, I decided that this was my favorite activity. This is the one I do for the sheer joy of it - not for weight loss, or bone strengthening, or muscle tone. Just for the utter pleasure of being outside on a crisp, clear winter day, feeling the fresh air, smelling the wood smoke from the fires and families roasting weiners, hearing the sharp clear sound of blades on ice. It makes me glad to be alive, and so grateful for everything I have. It's not really exercise "equipment" but you can't skate without them. This is my secondhand figure skate - the leather is yellowing and someone (not me) filed off the picks on the front. Believe me, figure picks and rough ice are a dangerous combination. I only did one skate because I was pleased with how it turned, and why look for trouble? This is water color pencil outlined with my new Pigma Micron pen. First time I've used this pen, and first time I've outlined something in black. I like this pen very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I like the shading on the skate. Lately, I've been noticing how folks have been "rendering" white (I just avoid it). Great work. (also ... *love* your wondercat ... grin ...)
Cheers! Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

Very well done! Makes me want to go skating. Don't remember when I did it the last time, but I must have skaters like this somewhere ...