Sunday, September 19, 2010

EDM 280 - Draw a teapot

I call this teapot The Persian Princess teapot.  The combination of the rich, jewel-toned colors always makes me smile.  The actual teapot is the green part.  When the tea is ready, you lift up the teapot and pour tea into the bottom cup.  It's a cute invention.   If you are called away from your desk, put the teapot back on top and it will keep the tea in the cup warm.  Very handy!  It's fun to drink tea out of, and very fun to draw, but sadly there's not much else to say about it.  Watercolor pencils in the Moleskine sketchbook.

11 comments:

Alex said...

Oooooh, I just saw one of these today at Barnes and Nobles =) My wife was so tempted to get it, but I said to her "but it's for one person only" =)
It's a nice subject and a beautiful drawing!

Hazel said...

I made one of these for my sons Sgts Birthday three years ago. I knew he liked Tea, but he'd never seen these before. So I went to a pottery place and created one for him. It was a thank you present for helping my son heal from his injuries.

I love your drawing...I think this year I will make one for myself...:-)

Sandra said...

Nice teapot!

nanke's stuff said...

Very nice drawing of such a cute little teapot! nancy

Cathy Holtom said...

I'd love one of these too, great sketch!

Unknown said...

Oh, I have one like that! Well, not the same colors, but the same setup! Very nice sketch!

donna said...

Lovely work.

Sandy Coleman said...

This is lovely. I love the colors.

Sara Light-Waller said...

Lovely teapot Lynn. :-)

Lesley Purcell said...

Lovely sketch - teapots are so hard to draw I think but you have produced a lovely picture. Mmm, now I want tea and biscuits - sorry cookies I guess if you're not in the UK!!

amber said...

I found one of these at a yard sale and loved it so much I bought it.. I've been collecting them from yard sales ever since..