This is the way I walk to work every day. Here are some of the highlights of that walk:
1. My house.
2. Pearl Express Takeout - love their Salt and pepper Squid!
3. Two big dogs live here. They can put their paws on the top of the fence and look over.
4. This house had to be completely renovated when a crane that was fixing the overhead power lines tipped over and smashed into the front of the house.
5. This house has been for sale for a whole year in a neighborhood where houses usually sell within days.
6. There is an enormous apple tree on this corner whose owners let the fruit fall to the ground and ferment. The birds get tipsy.
7. This house has rock garden with a lot of cute little rock sculptures.
8. This is the bike path to and from the park.
9. This house has the best rose garden in the neighborhood.
10. A little grey Schnauzer lives here and watches out the window every morning. When his people put the Christmas tree up in front of the window, he has to go underneath the tree to see out the window. I wonder if his people know this.
11. This house has a glass front door so their dog can lie down and look out. That's luxury!
12. This retaining wall was hit by a car and smashed. The owners then created a pretty little rock garden filled with poppies and pansies instead of just a plain wall.
13. A day home for little kids right across from the playground.
14. Down the steep hill of 46 Ave and then up the short hill of Richardson to my workplace. Half an hour listening to the iPod.