This microwave is a little brighter than it is in real life. The colored lines around the push buttons are much paler and thinner. I don't have much to say about the microwave. I use it, and the one at work to heat up soup. This is my very favorite soup, and I'll share the recipe from Bonnie Stern's "Simply Heart Smart Cooking".
This smells divine!
Apple and Squash Soup
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 potato, peeled and diced
4 cups of chicken broth
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan. Cook leeks until tender.
2. Add apple, squash and potato.
3. Add stock, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
4. Puree the soup or mash with a potato masher. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
5. When serving, spinkle each bowl with a little grated cheese.
I've made some changes to this basic recipe. Roasting the squash first increases the flavor and adds a bit of smokiness. Pears instead of apples add a bit more sweetness. And sour cream instead of cheese is also a nice finish.