Monday, April 09, 2007

EDM 113 - Fence


This is the birdbath in my back yard. It is enclosed by fences and is quite small and safe from predators. It is a haven for the sparrows and chickadees. During the winter, I set up the birdfeeder and we have a large, chattering, entertaining flock that perch in the shrubs. In the summer, I set up this birdbath. We have three pairs of sparrows that nest in the yard, and two pairs of chickadees, and one pair of robins. The robins nest in the spruce tree in the front, but visit the bath daily. There's always lots of avian drama going on, with birds lined up on the fence waiting for their chance in the bath. Who needs TV?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very charming and lovely scene, Lynn!

Michael Emerald said...

Great job, and in particular I like the composition.

Carole said...

Lovely fence! I also enjoy watching the birds in the garden. You've captured them here in this sketch beautifully.

artnewbie said...

I like this. It has a really nice atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

This is such a warm scene. I love the birds and love to watch them also. Nice job on capturing the moment.